10.05.2015

DERRYCK THORNTON

ESPN Player Profile: Derryck Thornton

Seeing Duke actually sign this kid was a very big shock to me. I live a few blocks away from Findlay College Prep and was able to watch Derryck play quite a bit, and to be very honest I was never impressed. Sure the atheltic ability is there but playing point guard is a very difficult and important role that Derryck has yet to master. The past couple of years that he played at Findlay Prep they've gotten progressively worse and in my opinion alot of that falls into his hands as the team's starting point guard. I could be totally wrong in my assessment and maybe CoacH K sees something I don't, but I would definitely hold off on laying the chalk on Duke until you watch a few games first. Here's a video of Derryck working out at Impact here in Las Vegas and he shows an improved jumper, the athletic ability has always been there so that doesn't surprise me at all. Only time will tell if Duke repeats as National Champions with Derryck at the helm. Maybe he proves me wrong but I don't see Duke even making the Sweet 16 this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment