11.17.2016

WARD VS. KOVALEV

Heading into the Light Heavyweight Title Bout this Saturday Nov. 19th. I was deadset on ANDRE WARD @ -140 odds. But upon further review my opinion has changed significantly. Sure Andre Ward is one of the best pound for pound boxers of this current generation and also has not tasted defeat since he was 13 years old, which is almost two decades now, BUT is there really value in laying 40 more cents on the dollar against an UNDEFEATED CHAMPION in SERGEY KOVALEV who is known for being an extremely hard hitter and possesses one shot knockout punching power? Andre Ward has alot of baggage on his side that includes an almost two year layoff as well as nagging injuries that he claims in the video above almost ended his career, not to mention the fact that he moved up in weight class to take this fight... As of right now, if I had to place a wager, I would take the +120 on KOVALEV, not because I think Kovalev is the better fighter, but only because I will win more money on what is arguably one of the most evenly matched fights we've had in quite some time. We're roughly two days away from what is being touted and could easily be the fight of the year so my opinion can change within that timeframe, but as of right now I'm leaning towards the "UNDERDOG" here.

$HARPEST.            

No comments:

Post a Comment